How it Works?
Foldable into compact size: The most distinctive feature of the stick is that it can be comfortably folded into a compact size which can be carried everywhere and used when in need. The foldable feature makes the stick more lightweight than the standard non-foldable ones
Aluminium Body: Made of aluminium, it is more durable and lighter than local steel/low-grade wooden sticks. Has an epoxy powder coating which protects the material from damage. Makes the unit easy to manage
Height Adjustable: Top handle height ranges between 82 cm and 92 cm (check this is the distance of your wrist from the ground when standing straight. For the perfect match, you can add 2-3 cms for forward movement) The height can be adjusted by moving the spring-loaded pin through 5 height adjustable holes in gradations of 1.7 cms.
Fritz inspired Handle: A contoured L-handle allows for a comfortable wrap compared to U-Shaped handles. This is good for anyone with a weak grip due to arthritic hands or wrist, low muscle strength and other issues. It is made of a rigid material with a groove pattern, so works well over time in cases of extreme use
High quality non-slip ferrule: Made of a non-slip rubber, the base of the stick provides a good grip even if the floor is slightly wet or naturally low on grip quality such as highly polished marble or granite. Its rubber also acts as a good dampener against jars and reduces shocks. Can be easily replaced by pulling it off
P.S.: Read our detailed article on choosing a walking stick for yourself.
How to Use?
- First identify the height you would want to adjust it to
- Stand straight and let your arms hang by your side comfortably
- Measure the distance from the ground to your inner wrist
- This is your ideal walking stick height
- You can always visit your Physician or Therapist to get an ideal measure and recommendation in case of advanced health issues especially back pain
- Unfold the stick entirely from its folded position
- Holding the stick in your lap or on a table, loosen the black colored tension screw at the top
- Press the small spring-loaded pin on the side of the stick
- Push or pull the base to adjust the height of the stick as necessary
- Tighten the tension screw at the bottom again
- The ferrule can be changed or pulled out for cleaning easily. Please ensure it is well settled on the base before using the stick daily
- To fold up again after use, pull each section apart and hold together in the hands until the walking stick is folded into a compact carrying size
- For walking:
- Ensure that the stick is at the proper height with your elbow at about an angle of 20 degrees while holding it
- Hold the stick in the hand opposite to the weaker or injured leg
- Lift the stick and put it at about an arm’s length
- Step forward with your injured leg first
- Now put the other leg in front and continue walking
- Repeat the last four steps and walk steadily maintaining normal posture
- Please do not use the stick to lift, hold or bar weights such as luggage or as tool for defence
- The coating is prone to scratches. Please do not throw the stick around or misuse it for any other purpose
- If you notice damage to the body of the stick, please replace it
- The folding stick definitely is an essential addition to anyone's accessory set if dependent on walking sticks
- The product answered well to our tests, except that it needs an elastic band or a rope to be held together when folded - which the VISSCO team would do well to include in the package
Hey Zindagi Review
Overall : 4.0
All ratings on a scale of 1 to 5
Own one already? Do share your comments and suggestions about this product in the Review Section below. Help the Hey Zindagi Community to make a better buying decision.