How it Works?
Aluminium Body: Made of oxidized aluminium, it is easier to use and lighter than local steel/low-grade sticks. Durable and resistant to damage even after prolonged use.
Rubber shoe with better grip: Made of a non-slip rubber, the shoe/ferrule of the stick has a good grip even if the floor is slightly wet or naturally low on grip quality such as highly polished marble or granite. Its rubber also acts as a good dampener against jars and reduces shocks. Can be easily replaced by pulling it off
T-shaped Handle: A contoured T-handle allows for a comfortable wrap compared to U-Shaped handles. This is good for anyone with poor grip due to arthritic conditions in hand and wrist, low muscle strength and other issues. It is made of a rigid material with a groove pattern, so works well over time in cases of extreme use
Height Adjustable: Top handle height ranges between 75 cm and 98 cm (check the distance of your wrist from the ground when standing straight. For the perfect match, you can add 2-3 cms for forward movement) The height can be adjusted by moving the spring-loaded pin through 10 height adjustable slots in gradations of 1.7 cms.
P.S.: Read our detailed article on choosing a walking stick for yourself.
How to Adjust Height?
- First identify the height you would want to adjust it to
- Stand straight and let your arms hang by your side comfortably
- Measure the distance from the ground to your inner wrist
- This is your ideal walking stick height
- You can always visit your Physician or Therapist to get a more ideal measure and recommendation in case of advanced health issues especially back pain or postural deformity
- Holding the stick in your lap or on a table, loosen the black colored tension screw at the bottom
- Press the small spring-loaded pin on the side of the stick
- Push or pull the base to adjust the height of the stick as necessary
- Tighten the tension screw at the bottom again
- The ferrule can be changed or pulled out for cleaning easily. Please ensure it is well settled on the base before using the stick daily
- For walking:
- Ensure that the stick is at the proper height with your elbow at about an angle of 20 degrees while holding it
- Hold the stick in the hand opposite to the weaker or injured leg
- Lift the stick and put it at about an arm’s length
- Step forward with your injured leg first
- Now put the other leg in front and continue walking
- Repeat the last four steps and walk steadily maintaining normal posture
- Please do not use the stick to lift, hold or bar weights such as luggage or as tool for defence
- The coating is prone to scratches. Please do not throw the stick around or misuse it for any other purpose
- If you notice damage to the body of the stick, please replace it
- We like the look and the slim profile with a two-color finish in the Avanti-Plus series.
- Makes for a fine walking stick any day especially for those with small to medium hands and lighter frame. A great upgrade for women in terms of styling.
Hey Zindagi Review
Overall : 4.0
All ratings on a scale of 1 to 5
Own one already? Do share your comments and suggestions about this product in the Review Section below. Help the Hey Zindagi Community to make a better buying decision.