How it Works?
Aluminium Body: Made of oxidized aluminium, it is easier to use and lighter than local steel/low-grade sticks. Durable and resistant to damage even after prolonged use.
T-shaped Handle: A contoured T-handle allows for a comfortable wrap compared to U-Shaped handles. This is good for anyone with poor grip due to arthritic conditions in hand and wrist, low muscle strength and other issues. It is made of a rigid material with a groove pattern, so works well over time in cases of extreme use
Broader Rubber base for better grip: Made of non-slip rubber, the base of the stick is much wider than other normal sticks and offers all-around angular balance thereby improving the grip even if the floor is slightly wet or naturally low on grip quality such as highly polished marble or granite. Its rubber also acts as a good dampener against jars and reduces shocks. Can be easily replaced by pulling it off
Height Adjustable: Top handle height ranges between 76 cm to 99.5 cm (check this is the distance of your wrist from the ground when standing straight. For the perfect match, you can add 2-3 cms for forward movement) The height can be adjusted by moving the spring-loaded pin through 10 height adjustable holes in gradations of 1.7 cms.
P.S.: Read our detailed article on choosing a walking stick for yourself.
How to Adjust Height?
- First identify the height you would want to adjust it to
- Stand straight and let your arms hang by your side comfortably
- Measure the distance from the ground to your inner wrist
- This is your ideal walking stick height
- You can always visit your Physician or Therapist to get a more ideal measure and recommendation in case of advanced health issues especially back pain or postural deformity
- Holding the stick in your lap or on a table, loosen the black colored tension screw at the bottom
- Press the small spring-loaded pin on the side of the stick
- Push or pull the base to adjust the height of the stick as necessary
- Tighten the tension screw at the bottom again
- The ferrule can be changed or pulled out for cleaning easily. Please ensure it is well settled on the base before using the stick daily
- For walking:
- Ensure that the stick is at the proper height with your elbow at about an angle of 20 degrees while holding it
- Hold the stick in the hand opposite to the weaker or injured leg
- Lift the stick and put it at about an arm’s length
- Step forward with your injured leg first
- Now put the other leg in front and continue walking
- Repeat the last four steps and walk steadily maintaining normal posture
- Please do not use the stick to lift, hold or bar weights such as luggage or as tool for defence
- The coating is prone to scratches. Please do not throw the stick around or misuse it for any other purpose
- If you notice damage to the body of the stick, please replace it
- Avanti Plus series is visually a much better design and profile than other walking sticks in the sub Rs. 1500 range
- The handle has been designed for small to mid-sized hands and therefore can be uncomfortable - we suggest picking up the Tenura Anti-Slip Grip for the same, which made of 100% silicon, soft and slip-free in spite of sweat or moisture
Hey Zindagi Review
Overall : 4.2
All ratings on a scale of 1 to 5
Own one already? Do share your comments and suggestions about this product in the Review Section below. Help the Hey Zindagi Community to make a better buying decision.