How it Works?
Stable centre of gravity: The walker provides four additional points of contact that adjusts a stable centre of gravity positioning. Due to this the load is directed towards the arms minimizing the stress on affected limbs
Lightweight Aluminium frame: Made of aluminium, the walker body is more durable and lighter than local steel/low-grade versions
Height Adjustable: Easy to adjust height on all 4 limbs thanks to 3 slots positioned between 83 cm (min) to 90 cm (max)
PVC Grip: Since the walker is operated with one hand, the hand grip is made of high quality PVC material which offers more stable grip and prevents chances of slipping due to sweating of the hand on prolonged use
High grade rubber shoe: Made of non-slip rubber, the base of the walker provides good grip even if the floor is slightly wet or naturally low on grip quality such as highly polished marble or granite. The rubber also acts as a good dampener against jerks and reduces shocks. Can be easily replaced by pulling it off
P.S.: Please consult your licensed orthopedician/surgeon before ordering this product
How to Use?
- First identify the comfortable height you want to adjust the walker to:
- Ensure that you are wearing regular shoes
- Stand beside a wall or chair for better balance. A second person might assist in standing properly
- Keeping the active arm at your side, measure the distance from the ground to the inner crease of the wrist
- This is your ideal walker height. May be adjusted up or down by 1 inch as per personal preference
- Ensure that the height of the handle is at the same level as the wrist when standing tall with arm by your side
- You can always visit your Physician or Therapist to get an ideal measure and recommendation in case of advanced health issues especially back pain or postural deformity<
- Ensure that the walker is locked in open position
- Push or lift the walker at about an arm’s length in front of you
- Make sure all the four base tips of the walker are touching the ground before you take a step
- Step forward slowly and carefully with the leg opposite to the side of the walker
- Now put the other leg in front and continue walking
- Repeat the last four steps and walk slowly maintaining steady posture
- Remember it is a three-step process: First- Walker, second- opposite leg and lastly the other leg
- Keeping in line with the Dura Walking Aids range, the hemiplegic walker has a sturdy construction.
- The grip in spite of being contoured could be more comfortable.
Hey Zindagi Review
Overall : 3.8
All ratings on a scale of 1 to 5
Own one already? Do share your comments and suggestions about this product in the Review Section below. Help the Hey Zindagi Community to make a better buying decision.