How it Works?
Liquid crystal thermometer: The plastic strip contains heat-sensitive (thermochromic) liquid crystals that change colour when placed firmly on forehead to indicate temperature ranges.
Color temperature indication - easier to read: Three colours - Blue, Green and Tan help identify the temperature range. The markings are from 95°F to 104°F with a marker every 1.8°F. It is to be kept in mind that the temperature of the forehead is notably lower than the body’s temperature.
Flexible:The strip is flexible and poses no harm if mishandled during usage.
Easy-to-use: The feverstrip doesn’t require any effort in movement by the person during usage. No oral or rectal contact ensures hygiene. It can be used for anyone with mouth infections, sores or discomfort in jaw movement. A minimum processing time of 15-20 seconds is convenient for people who tend to get aggressive or irritable.
Reusable: The strip can be used repetitively over time as long its not bent or folded
Graphic Reference Courtesy: LCR Hallcrest
How to Take A Reading?
- Seat or lay the person down and ensure he/she is calm and comfortable. Make sure the forehead is dry as are your hands.
- Place the plastic strip firmly on their forehead with the indication bar facing upwards.
- Wait for approximately 15 seconds while the strip changes colour.
- Without removing the strip from the forehead, check the colour.
Green indicates correct temperature
Blue indicates a need to add 0.9°F
Tan/Red indicates a need to deduct 0.9°F
- Use the strip in normal room temperature to avoid inaccuracy
- Use the strip on a dry and clean forehead
- For better results, do not use the strip within 30 minutes of eating or exercising
- Caregiver must monitor the use of this product by children and patients. Ensure there is no oral contact
- After use, clean it with a soft cloth and store in it's sleeve in a cool, dry place.
P.S.: Kindly remember that this thermometer indicates the temperature range. For a precise reading, please use a mercury/digital thermometer.
- An excellent alternate for repeated quick monitoring especially if caring for an irritable and impatient senior
- The strip is highly flexible and I like the idea of slipping it in my purse without having to worry about breakage or batteries
- The colour indicators allow for a faster reading and that's helpful for anyone with low vision
Hey Zindagi Review
Overall : 4.3
All ratings on a scale of 1 to 5
Own one already? Do share your comments and suggestions about this product in the Review Section below. Help the Hey Zindagi Community to make a better buying decision.