How it Works?
Polypropylene and Aluminium Tubing: High quality construct with aluminium tube at the core coated by a layer of slip-safe soft polypropylene. It has a weight bearing capacity up to 160 kgs. Also easy to maintain with a simple wash (ideally with a sanitising liquid for hygiene) compared with rubbing or polishing steel/other materials which can be a tedious affair.
Being plastic, it is not affected by the temperature variations and is comfortable to hold even during winters
Ribbed Surface: Grey non-skid rings form an additional layer over the polypropylene coating to reduce chances of your slipping when wet even further.
Multiple Sizes: Straight grab bars work across multiple zones. Angled design is ideal for additional support while rising up or getting seated
How to Install?
- Identify the point of installation well:
- Height, width and distance of hold play a critical role while installing a grab bar
- A simple rule of the thumb is - the user must not need to lean over or stretch out while putting weight, it should ideally be vertically close for an upward/downward motion. If used as a standing aid while bathing working, it should be accessible in a 10 degrees to 30 degrees zone (downward angle) with your arm stretched straight
- Check the Wall strength:
- Often the tiles/cement simply gives way and the grab bar falls off when the body weight is applied. This is a result of a weak wall and must be protected against prior to installation
- Kindly get a professional plumber to install this unit and reinforce the material if necessary
- Drilling and not hammering:
- To fix in position use no. 10 (5 mm) x 50 mm (3/16” x 2”) roundhead wood screws with suitable wall plugs.
- Depending upon application other fittings may be suitable
- Do not use nails to fit this unit
View the Handy Safety Grab Bar Installation Manual
- A unique ribbed design that is not available in Indian market elsewhere
- We like the comfort and grip levels that the handy safety bar offers
- The angled design is really useful in getting up and sitting down reducing the stress on the knees
Hey Zindagi Review
Overall : 4.7
All ratings on a scale of 1 to 5
Own one already? Do share your comments and suggestions about this product in the Review Section below. Help the Hey Zindagi Community to make a better buying decision.