How it Works?
Breathable Neoprene: High-quality perforated neoprene (similar to the material used for diving suits) helps in regulating heat generated. Improves blood circulation and aids in faster healing. Premium Cotton lining furthers the ability to keep skin relatively dry. Incorporates a good stretch factor that allows for light movement to manage undue stiffness
Padded Donut: Filled with dense foam, it keeps any dislocated kneecap (patella) in correct anatomical position when in motion or rest. It also prevents further damage by absorbing shock
Reverse Loop Straps The additional Hook and Fastener type straps enhance the grip of the support on the thigh and calf by being fastened in opposite directions. Also makes it easier for everyone to adjust compression and stability levels as per current activity. Two smaller straps on the thigh section make it easier to pull up the support while wearing it
Removable Hinged Metal Stays: Covered on the outside by the same material, these stays take on the role of reducing stress on the side ligaments (LCL & MCL) of the knee and also align the vertical movement of the knee joint during movement. The stays can be customized by the user for better support and compression. Being removable, it allows one to use the support during later period when the stays are no longer recommended.
How to Wear?
- Please ensure you order the right splint as per the Size Chart below
- Sit comfortably and open all the straps
- Hold the thigh section from both sides (with the donut shape facing forward and the Oppo logo facing up)
- Pull up the support gradually till the knee cap settles into the padded donut and the hinge axis align with the knee joint
- Secure the upper two small hook and loop straps as per comfort
- Thread the thigh and calf hook and loop straps through buckles and secure to desired compression
- Check for discomfort especially blood circulation or numbness and readjust as necessary
- Remove/Insert the stays - just fold the support slowly along the horizontal center and gradually pull out/insert the stays.
- Please do not wear this support continually - remove it to dry the accumulated sweat
- Wash it regularly to get rid of sweat body odors and unclog the neoprene pores
- Don't bathe with the belt - it will reduce the elasticity and compression quality of the support/belt
- Never share your belt - can lead to a transfer of infection or allergy
P.S.: Kindly consult your Physician or Orthopaedic Specialist before using this product
- The flexibility of the material to keep you comfortable and ensure protection for mild to moderate levels of chronic knee issues and sprains is immense
- Combined with the fact that the same brace can be used post healing as a prevention product by merely removing the stays, makes it a worthwhile investment
Hey Zindagi Review
Overall : 5.0
All ratings on a scale of 1 to 5
Own one already? Do share your comments and suggestions about this product in the Review Section below. Help the Hey Zindagi Community to make a better buying decision.