How it Works?
Cycling Workout: Cycling is a low impact exercise that helps to improve muscle strength and maintains proper mobility of hips and legs. The hip cycle offers an isometric (no change in joint angle) workout for the abdominal and the hip abductor muscles thereby helping in rehabilitation. Protects the joints from additional damage by gout/arthritis. Improves muscle toning by burning excess fat on hips and thighs. Pedalling involves the use of thigh muscles: quadriceps (or quads on the front of leg) during downward push and hamstrings (on back of leg) during the upstroke. Lying posture relieves pressure on the knees, unlike normal cycling.
Pedal Straps: The pedal straps provide firm grip and support to the feet while cycling and prevents accidental injury
Aluminium Body: Made of oxidized aluminium, it is easier to use and lighter than local steel/low-grade indoor cycle exercisers. Durable and resistant to damage even after prolonged use
How to Use?
- Lie comfortably on the mat on a flat surface in a recumbent or reclining position
- Rest your head on a cushion or pillow that aligns with the shape of the neck and shoulders
- Insert your feet into the pedal straps and adjust to a snug fit making sure it is not constricting blood flow during pedalling motion
- Start with one foot by pressing the ball of your foot and pump downward through your heel
- Pull up with the top of your foot during the upstroke
- Continue pedalling at a comfortable speed in a synchronized way with both feet
P.S.: Consult your orthopaedic specialist/Physiotherapist/licensed trainer before ordering this product
- Do not pedal using only your toes as it may lead to foot and calf cramps
- Make sure you maintain a proper posture with head resting on a low height pillow to prevent sprains and backache
- This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease
- A less strenuous way to replicate the classic cycling exercise that we were trained to do for strengthening our abdominal, hip and thigh muscles. Great for those in undergoing long-term rehab or are limited to the bed/low mobility
- The pedals could be rubberised as an improvement - right now, would recommend that a pair of thick sports socks/slip-ons be worn before using the cycle
- The other concern is the small zone of scratches that are a result of folding joints on the sides - this definitely is an area of improvement that's critical.
Hey Zindagi Review
Overall : 4.1
All ratings on a scale of 1 to 5
Own one already? Do share your comments and suggestions about this product in the Review Section below. Help the Hey Zindagi Community to make a better buying decision.