How it Works?
Cotton blended material: The stockings are specially designed keeping in mind the tropical climate of India. Made of high-quality cotton blended with nylon and spandex, the Ontex cotton compression stocking is an upgrade over standard nylon stockings. The benefits of cotton include:
Moisture Absorbent: The fabric absorbs sweat and keeps the legs cool and dry, working the same way as a towel. It also prevents the formation of obnoxious odour, as is the problem with most other stockings or socks
Thermal Insulation: As a good insulator, the cotton traps air between the fabric fibres and protects the legs from excess heat in summer as well as cold in winter
Weatherproof: The cotton effectively maintains its breathability and comfort in all weather conditions
Skin-friendly: The material is hypoallergenic and causes no irritation or rashes even when being used for a long duration
Highly comfortable: Thin and soft in texture, the stockings are very comfortable to wear. The high-grade cotton used here is the same used in undershirts or underwear. Elegant colour permit them to be worn with any type of clothing
Durable: High tensile strength of cotton fibres improves the stretchability & prevents the stockings from ripping or tearing. The fibre becomes 30 percent stronger when wet, hence there is no loss of elasticity even with repeated washing
Class II Compression Stockings: As per American classification, class II compression stockings are most common choice for treating blood circulation disorders like DVT, Varicose Veins etc. Globally, this is the most popular type of compression stockings for advanced Varicose Veins and moderate oedema
Open toe: It is easy and hassle-free to wear and remove the stockings, thanks to the open-toe style. It also enables the stockings to be paired with open-toed sandals/shoes
Silicon grip-top: The top band in the Thigh High stocking is lined with a beaded layer of silicon dots - prevents the stocking from sliding down and also protects of itches, rashes and pressure marks on the skin left by tight elastic bands
How to Wear?
- Consult your orthopaedic specialist/physiotherapist to know whether you need Knee-Length or Thigh High variant
- Make sure you order the right fit as per Size Chart below
- Roll out the stockings and align the heel pattern towards the bottom
- Hold the stockings from the bottom and pull them up to the calf
- Stop when the heel pattern centres itself around the heel
- Smoothen the wrinkles if any
- Pair it with shoes or sandals and thin layered cotton socks to move around
- Ensure that you can walk comfortably
- Remove them for a while to dry in case of highly humid conditions
P.S.: Kindly consult your Physician or Orthopaedic Specialist before using this product
- Wear the compression stockings in the morning before starting your day. Remove them before going to bed at night
- Wear the stockings properly as indicated in the illustration above. Do not wear by bunching up as it will reduce the elasticity over time
- Do not use fingernails to pull up the stocking to avoid ripping - work with extended fingers. Ensure that the toenails and fingernails are cleanly cut
- Avoid wearing anklets, toe rings or similar jewellery
- Apply talcum powder for easier wearing. Seniors with limited mobility in the upper body can use Socky Stocking Aid to easily wear the stockings without the assistance of the caregiver
- We noticed Ontex Compression Stockings as soon as they were launched and were happy to get our hands on a set recently.
- The cotton-blended material is definitely comfortable to touch on the skin and might feel different compared to the smoother nylon finish.
- Lastability will depend on how well care is taken while wearing and washing them.
Hey Zindagi Review
Overall : 4.4
All ratings on a scale of 1 to 5
Own one already? Do share your comments and suggestions about this product in the Review Section below. Help the Hey Zindagi Community to make a better buying decision.