How it Works?
ROM hinge: The Range of Motion (ROM) hinge is a sophisticated Multi Point Graduated Mechanism (MPGM) which can be adjusted to fix the knee at any angle of flexion, or provide a controlled motion between any two angles by a simple pull-push locking mechanism. The ROM dial can be adjusted between 0° to 120° flexion and 0° to 60° hyperextension, with locking facility between any two angles, with intervals of 15°
Neoprene liner: The neoprene liner of the brace comes with a silicone coating which enhances grip and prevents slippage or loosening. Also provides cushion like comfort thereby reducing discomfort from tight straps
Ergonomic design: The ROM knee brace is lightweight and anatomically designed with bilateral symmetry, so it can be used in either leg. Universal size for all
Reverse buckle mechanism: Straps with reverse buckle mechanism allow controlled compression and tight grip. Also make the product easy to wear and remove
How to Wear?
- Assistance by a caregiver is required while wearing the ROM Knee brace
- Hold the brace gently and fix the angle of flexion on the dial to the prescribed / required degree.
- To fix the angle of extension, pull the pointer knob softly on the dial, similar to fixing the angle flexion
- Fix the other dial similarly, at the same degree of flexion and extension
- Unfastening all the straps, place the brace on the patient’s leg, aligning both the dials with the centre of the knee
- Ensure that the thigh side of the brace is in upward position
- Fasten the straps, starting from the cuff side and moving upwards
- In case of excess pressure, pain or discomfort at any point, re-adjust the tightness of the straps accordingly, or consult the doctor
- Ensure the brace is snugly fixed and provides the required degree of flexion or fixation
How to Remove?
- Remove the velcro straps gently starting from thigh to knee
- For a secure and comfortable fitting, adjust the padding and strapping accordingly
- Discontinue use and consult the doctor in case of impaired sensation, impaired blood flow, allergic reactions on skin and persistence or increase of pain
- Consult the doctor in case of simultaneous use with any other medical device
- Improper use of the device may lead to adverse effects or decreased effectiveness. Follow the instructions on the packaging carefully before using
- Keep it out of reach of children
P.S.: Kindly consult your Physician or Orthopaedic Specialist before using this product
- A simlified design that allows ease of wearing and adjustament over long hours of use
- One of the few options for ROM Braces in India - with a DIY control mechanism
Hey Zindagi Review
Overall : 4.2
All ratings on a scale of 1 to 5
Own one already? Do share your comments and suggestions about this product in the Review Section below. Help the Hey Zindagi Community to make a better buying decision